Friday, December 31, 2021

Welcoming a new year

 Reflecting on a year that seemed to move at superspeed, I recall sweet moments with close friends, a trip to see the Painted Hills, a humid summer week in NYC, an Oregon coast long-weekend, a few house projects, miles and miles of walks, and meeting many delightful new clients. Though the year has been peppered with heartbreak, I am thankful for all of your kindness and encouragement.



It seems challenging to be thinking, again, of a new variant and how much more adaptable we will need to become, but I am hopeful -and grateful for vaccines, boosters, and more accessible testing.

As we look to the coming weeks of this highly transmissible Covid-19 variant (omicron), I would like to remind you to please be discerning and reschedule your appointment if you have any -however mild- of the following concerns (I will be doing the same):

  • You or one of your household members have had symptoms of fever, cold or flu in the past 14 days (eg. tiredness, runny nose, congestion, sore throat, cough, high temperature, shortness of breath, aches, pains, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, or loss of smell or taste.)
  • You have been near someone who has potentially had, or tested positive for COVID-19 through a family or work contact in the past 14 days. 

When you come in for an appointment please have a well-fitting, and multi-layered mask on. If you are in need of a mask, text me and I will meet you at the front door with a fresh mask. (Looking to buy N95s or KN94s? This is where I purchase mine; in Portland they even deliver them by bike messenger!) You might have also noticed that the appointment reminder email now includes the door code (4045), so please, let yourself in!

At the clinic, we have added an air filter to the lobby, in addition to one in each treatment room. Lately, it is common to have multiple practitioners working at the same time -though we max out at three- there may be another person waiting in the lobby. The new year welcomes a new chiropractor, (who specializes in perinatal and child care, craniosacral therapy, and mental-emotional support), in addition to acupuncturist Malia Susee, and massage therapists Lori Krampetz and Valerie Lyon.

I am back to seeing my full client-load, and my schedule has been filling up. I'm in the clinic Sundays, Monday afternoons, every-other Tuesday evening, and Thursday afternoons. Please don't hesitate to reach out and see if I have any appointments available if you are needing to get in sooner. My online schedule is up-to-date and showing openings up to 6 weeks from now: https://deepgroundmassagebodywork.fullslate.com

Thank you for your support through these ever-changing years. I feel unbelievably lucky to work with you all. Here's to an interesting, safe, and fulfilling 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment