Friday, July 15, 2022

waves

The ups and downs of these days have been a lot to manage. I have been ever-more reliant on my restorative practice of walking. Portland has a wealth of green spaces and parks in the city, and nearby. Recently, I have been thinking deeply about stress and anxiety, how these states show up for each of us, individually and collectively, and the entrenching of the semantics and pathology of Stress and Anxiety. (more on these ruminations soon.



 As we are well within our seventh wave of Covid19, I want to bring your attention to my Covid19 Protocol & Procedures and share a few resources I use to understand what is happening with the Covid19 pandemic, my own personal risk, and assess ways to keep my clients at the clinic safe.

Some of you have noticed that my Covid19 Protocol (last updated 6/17/2022) is much stricter than the CDC's current guidelines. Though I firmly believe in the power of high-filter, multi-layered masks, and good ventilation, I am inches from your face for more than 15 minutes (what the CDC considers "close-contact") and I have clients of all ages, some with underlying conditions. I strive to keep each of us as safe as possible, especially when cases are increasing in the region. So please, when you schedule an appointment, be 10-14 days from a Covid19 exposure, or Covid19 infection AND testing negative before coming in for a massage. Details below:

Please consider your health and exposure, and do not schedule/cancel or reschedule your appointment if any of the following statements are true:
  • IF you were EXPOSED to Covid-19 and are NOT up to date with your vaccinations.
  • IF you were EXPOSED to Covid-19 and ARE up to date with your vaccination.
  • IF you have recently tested POSITIVE for Covid-19.
  • IF you HAVE SYMPTOMS regardless of vaccination status.

Return for massage ONLY AFTER ending isolation:
  • 7 days after exposure, if you never tested positive and are still testing negative.
  • 10-14 days after testing positive AND you do not have any symptoms AND you are testing negative.
  • 10-14 days after severe symptoms of Covid-19, if you've consult your doctor before ending isolation.


A stabilizing resource of the up-to-date science of Covid19 is Katelyn Jetelina/Your Local Epidemiologist. She has a regular newsletter offering insights on current data, studies, vaccinations, variants and case increases.

Locally, I use OHSU Covid19 Resources, particularly Peter Graven, PhD's Covid19 Forecast. Find the most recent forecast (7/7/2022) HERE.


I hope you all enjoy this summer sun, staying safe, and caring for those around you. As always, I look forward to working with you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment