Monday, August 16, 2021

August updates

 I can't believe August is nearly half over; this summer has just disappeared. Though I can't quite recall where all the time has gone, I have been enjoying early mornings and late evenings in the hammock, and chance encounters with friends during my walks on Mt. Tabor and Powell Butte. 



As cases rise in Portland (and everywhere else), I am finding it difficult to feel the recurrence of uncertainty. However I am grateful that the vaccine is doing its job; mitigating severe symptoms, hospitalization and more death. I hope you all are wearing your masks (now mandated in Oregon) and washing your hands frequently. As a slow adapter in this pandemic, I was just beginning to spend time with more folks, but am returning to some pre-vaccine habits: decreasing the number of people I see (especially the number of people I am around unmasked) and opting to gather outdoors.


At Laurelhurst Family Clinic we are continuing to require masks throughout the duration of your time indoors with us, and though I have not requested a Covid-19 Screening prior to appointments since the end of June, please be mindful if you have recently traveled and gathered in large groups (regardless of vaccination status). My Covid-19 Protocol & Procedures  were last updated 7/1/2021, here are the highlights:

Prior to scheduling, please consider your health and exposure, and call/text if any of these statements apply to you:
  • You or one of your household members have had symptoms of fever, cold or flu in the past 14 days (eg. tiredness, cough, high temperature, shortness of breath, aches, pains, runny nose, congestion, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, sore throat or loss of smell or taste.)
  • You have been near someone who has potentially had COVID-19 through family or work contact in the past 14 days.

And please, contact me immediately in the case of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis to protect me, other clients, and our families and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment