Monday, March 20, 2023

Spring updates (masks, and other news)

Spring is here now, the bulbs are really popping up, the trees budding out. I am welcoming the light. The longer days have me imagining bike rides and long walks, yard projects and picnics with friends. 

Though the Oregon Health Authority will remove the mask mandate in Oregon healthcare settings beginning April 3, the providers at our clinic have agreed to continue to require masks out of respect for our immunocompromised clients, our community elders, and our own health in this work that requires such close proximity. We appreciate your continued care of the community of people and families that thrive at our clinic.


6 selfies of a person wearing different n95 masks

I've gotten very use to wearing masks.


I cannot believe it has been three years. Life before Covid seems like such a dream; a little hazy, and the timing is confused. I can't quite recall all of the details. Vivid memories get stirred occasionally, and I feel such grief and wonder.

Our lives are altered, and we have shown immense flexibility and adaptability. I am equally grateful for this marking of change, our unfurling into the new routines of our lives, and I still am ever vigilant. We are still learning so much about this novel virus, and the fact remains that masks and air filtration are effective in preventing illness.


Masks remain an effective way to reduce transmission of respiratory viruses. People are recommended to wear masks when they are sick, and individuals – particularly those with health conditions that put them at high risk for severe illness from a respiratory virus exposure–should continue to wear masks wherever they feel comfortable.


In other news, you might have noticed that my schedule often has same-week (and even same-day) availability. Many of you have gotten used to my schedule being out for weeks; however, I am keeping some appointments available for clients in need of immediate care. I look forward to seeing you! https://deepgroundmassagebodywork.fullslate.com/


In June, I will begin my introductory course in Fascial Counterstrain. I worked with a PT who practices Counterstrain work a handful of years ago and have referred many clients with lingering injuries. The work is very aligned with my current work and interests in alignment, the integration of body systems through a holistic view of and approach to bodywork, and how we can remap the ways in which we use our bodies to allow for more ease and less discomfort. I am excited to add this modality to my work with you in the coming months.


I wish you all the best this Spring. Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment